diy

Washi Distraction

By Blogs By Cha - 4:25 AM


As many of my Facebook friends are, I'm not sleeping either. The weather tonight is just wracking up my nerves. My sleep deprivation due to the heavy rain only happened when Sendong hit Mindanao. To my "luck", it was raining just as hard tonight.

There are a lot of things going on in my mind right now and I've been worrying for my grandmother, my dad and my boyfriend ever since it started to pour like crazy a few hours ago. Plus, my dog (who was whimpering a lot of times) and her weeks-old pups were outside. Too bad we can't just let them in. So, yes, I am scared out of my wits, wondering how they're all doing.

Because I needed some sort of diversion from all that, I slowly worked on my laptop's keyboard. My washi tapes from Fab Manila Bags (They sell A LOT of cute stuff, some of which are handmade, I think. Be sure to check their products out) arrived a few hours ago and when the heavy rain started to haunt me (a little), I grabbed my X-Acto knife and began to make my keyboard look cute.

The progress I made which started @ 9 PM. From 4 keys covered in washi tapes....

To this! In a span of 4 and a half something hours, I managed to cover 31 keys (3 not pictured).
Not bad, eh?


On another note, although I had fun DIY-ing my laptop's keyboard, I still can't help feeling anxious now that it looks like the rain is not slowing down anytime soon. During times like these, I wish I was a genie and make this rain go away. It's just too loud and too scary to listen to.

Anyway, I still have 2 hours and a few minutes to kill before I can finally go to sleep (I plan on getting some shut eye @ 6 AM). Heavy rain in the morning just feels a lot safer because almost everybody is awake. Don't you think so, too?

You might also like:
Centrio's TGI Friday's, Yogurt and Shopping
My Prayers for the Victims of Typhoon Yolanda

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comment(s)

  1. Washi tapes, what are they? They look like they're made of fabric, and I'm wondering if those tapes with prints sold at bookstores can be used as alternatives?

    I love the stuff you're doing with these tapes.

    Dawn | www.keepcalmandbeautify.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Dawn! Thanks for dropping by! Washi tapes are also called 'deco tapes'. Usually used for DIY and crafts. They may look like any normal sticker or sticky tapes but they're not as "sticky". What's great about it is that you can stick them on to paper and you won't have to worry about tears. I can't really say it extensively, but I hope this article will give you a clearer answer. :)

      http://www.sheknows.com/living/articles/951617/what-is-washi-tape

      Delete