My Prayers for the Victims of Typhoon Yolanda

By Blogs By Cha - 8:03 PM

Ormoc City. Damage due to Typhoon Yolanda from Rappler.

To begin with, my mind was battling whether I post something about the devastating and the biggest typhoon as of this time or just let other people publish or post stories about it. What made me contemplate about this issue is that I don't want to post situations like these on my blog because not only does it remind me of the said calamity but I do not want to remember it. Yes, I have a hard time in dealing with stuff like that especially death and now that they brought the death rate of an estimate of 10,000 Filipinos, it's what made it a tad harder.

However, since a lot of our kababayans need every bit of help from those who were lucky enough to not experience such devastation, the only help I can extend are my prayers. I think that Filipinos are stereotyped as happy-go-lucky, can weather any storm and still be able to find an inkling of happiness in the worst of the worst. That's the kind of stereotype that I can agree upon and glad to be a part of.

God listens to each of our prayers. Now, I don't know how He does that but like what they say, nothing is impossible with God - and I believe that. Whenever there are situations wherein we prayed but the thing we prayed for did not happen, rest assured that God has other plans that are better.



Photo from Inquirer
If you look at the situation of our country, you will probably ask, "Where's the silver lining in that?" or "Is that how God wants the Filipinos to end up?" Only God knows what it is and hopefully the Filipinos affected will realize that He has a backup plan.

My prayers go out to the all the Filipinos around the world. That they may still hold on to God even if this calamity is probably straying them away from Him. I pray that they will find strength in the presence of each other and know deep down that they can survive this just like before.

Lastly, to those who have lost their loved ones, I pray that you'll get up quickly from being put down by the evil that is Yolanda. Know that your spirit and you as a whole are stronger than any storm and problems that may come your way. Hold on, for you shall be saved and comforted. Amen.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comment(s)