When the Pedometer is Too Damn High

By Blogs By Cha - 10:37 PM

Pretty sure you've read and heard of iconic Filipino folk singer Freddie Aguilar's new girlfriend because it's literally everywhere. I bet your grandma even knows it.

A not-too-recent photo of Freddie Aguilar from Michael Sellers

Apparently, his Lifetime Achievement Award isn't the only one creating a lot of noise. Many people, including the Press, at the Star Awards for Music were eager to know who Freddy Aguilar brought as a date. On that day, he confirmed his relationship with a 16-year-old whom he prefers not to give out the name just yet.

Okay.. I give up! The man is 60-years-old and he's "adopting" this naive little girl to be his girlfriend. She's not even legal to date yet! I mean, who does that? I don't have a problem with May-December relationships because I thought they'd only limit to an age gap of 20. But 44 years? That's like dating your youngest daughter.

While being interviewed, he certainly made a good point by saying:
"The dictionary is not defining love as looking for someone of the same age, religion, lifestyle and race."
But when I realized it was an old man saying that to make his prepubescent girlfriend feel butterflies in her stomach, I cringed the whole time while reading the entire article about it.


I give props to Freddie Aguilar for choosing not, as of now, to let the cat out of the bag with regards to his girlfriend's full identity. However, I still can't fathom the idea of a girl thinking of marriage AND a baby at sixteen. If one wants to do so, MTV is going to welcome you with open arms.

Aguilar could have suggested she finish her studies or even go to college and actually be an individual who will get to enjoy her single life. Just because this little lady is begging him that they pop out offspring ASAP doesn't mean he has to "go with the flow". What's he trying to show? That even in his 60's, he's still hot for the ladies... and kids?

So, I get it that you're both trying to level with each other's differences because that's how you try to work on a relationship. Though that might sound great, I can tell that Freddie Aguilar isn't too smitten with this lady. If it's just for show, I don't know. Only these two know the reason why they found each other.

Yet who am I to say that it's all bogus? I'll just wait when the headlines will say "Freddie Aguilar and Girlfriend Split". Meanwhile, you can reminisce the old times with me with Freddie Aguilar's famous song, "Anak" which, by the way, is 35-years old.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comment(s)